Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Prince by Kiera Cass


I am 100% Team Maxon, so I couldn't wait to get my hands on this novella told from his perspective.  It is a prequel story, which picks up shortly before The Selection takes place.  I absolutely LOVED hearing Maxon's thoughts on the process and the events that took place at the very beginning of The Selection.  I have a whole new appreciation for what it is like to be The Prince.  He is a very thoughtful and charming character and I'm SURE America will chose him in the end.   

This is a novella, so it is only six chapters.  It also contains the first two chapters of The Elite, which comes out next month.  I didn't read those chapters yet because I want to wait until I can read the full book.  I don't think I could handle the tease this preview is sure to provide.  If things didn't appear to be going in Maxon's favor, I would be a complete wreck until I received my copy of The Elite.

If you haven't read The Selection yet, I strongly suggest that you do.  Without the background it contains, I certainly wouldn't have enjoyed this story as much as I did.  As it is, I gave this book 5 stars and will be counting down the days until April 23rd...which is the release date for The Elite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment