Thursday, April 18, 2013

Fever by Lauren DeStefano


I read Wither back in 2011 shortly after it was released and really liked it.  It wasn't quite 5 stars, but it was a solid four.  I was excited about the release of Fever and even pre-ordered the ebook.  It magically appeared on my nook on release day, but for some reason I never made it a priority.  I think this has a lot to do with the fact that I am on Team Linden and I knew he wouldn't have a huge part in this book.

I was a bit disappointed by this sequel.  Rhine and Gabriel were able to escape the mansion at the end of Wither, but they immediately land in an awful situation.  I did not care for the events that took place while they were at the "carnival".  That section drug on for me, but they eventually make it to Manhattan to search for her brother.  I started to enjoy the book once they were in New York and I began to appreciate her relationship with Gabriel.  I am still on Team Linden, but I am no longer disappointed that she chose Gabriel and her freedom over Linden. 

Linden does make an appearance at the end of the book, but it was not nearly enough for me.  I am hopeful he will have a much bigger part in Sever, the final book in this series.  I honestly have no idea what direction Sever will take.  Rhine was able to tell Linden the truth about his father and her feelings.  I hope they will be able to work together to find her brother and they will be able to live out their short lives with as much joy and happiness as possible.  They have both struggled through so much loss and are certainly due. 

The one advantage to waiting so long to read Fever....I will not have to wait to find out how this series concludes.  I already have a copy of Sever and plan on starting it this evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment