Thursday, October 24, 2013

Double Crossed by Ally Carter


This novella is book 2.5 in the Heist Society series and 5.5 in the Gallagher Girls series.  I have read all three of the Heist Society books, but I have only read the first two GG books so far.  I tweeted Ally to make sure I wouldn't encounter any spoilers since I do plan on completing the GG series.  She said there could be a very minor spoiler, but I probably wouldn't recognize it as such.  I couldn't wait any longer for another dose of Hale, so I decided to go ahead and read Double Crossed.

Macey and her parents are attending a party in New York along with the Hales.  All of society's elite are in attendance, which is how the characters from Heist Society and GG cross paths.

This is a rather substantial story for a novella at about 45 pages.  It contains completely new content, which is a major bonus.  It seems like so many novellas simply retell a scene from another character's point of view. That is a nice way to share additional information about another character, but I found this to be far more enjoyable.

It was interesting to see how spies and thieves could work together in a time of need.  They both have a unique skill set that complements each other very nicely.  I would definitely read another Spies and Thieves story if Ally decides to write one in the future.

If you haven't read any of Ally's books, I really think you can read this short story to get a taste of her writing style and characters.  There are minor references to events in her other books, but I wouldn't consider them spoilers.  It is available for FREE at both Barnes and Noble and Amazon.






No comments:

Post a Comment