Monday, November 18, 2013

Review: My Beautiful by Alicia Rae



My beautiful picks up where Beautiful Chances left off.  Lily is trying to come to terms with the loss of her family and wants to reconnect with her Aunt, Uncle, and cousins in Colorado.  I really enjoyed the interactions with her family and some of her friends.  The additional characters added depth to the story and took the focus off of just Lily and Kyle's relationship.  There is still a lot of adult content, but it didn't feel as forced as it did in Beautiful Chances.  The scenes were more fluid and mixed seamlessly with the story line.    

Lily received another threat from the stalker we were first introduced to in book one.  I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I NEVER would have guessed who the stalker was.  I was pretty sure it had to be someone she knew and I even had a short list of suspects.  I was not even close.

The last few chapters contained a lot of action and suspense, which helped to build anticipation and excitement for the final book in the series. Lily finally seems ready to move forward with her life.  The one person who is still a complete mystery is Kyle.

At the very end of the book Kyle promises to open up to Lily...tomorrow.  Just like the "free beer tomorrow" signs you see at the bar, tomorrow never comes.  I guess we will have to wait for Beautiful Dreams, which is scheduled to be released in January 2014, for Kyle to reveal the dark secrets from his past.  I have to imagine the events are from his time in the military, but that is pure speculation.

I feel like Alicia has come a long way between her debut novel and this book.  The dialogue was more eloquent and there was far more to the story.  I honestly can't wait to find out how Lily and Kyle's story will conclude.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reviewing and sharing <3 Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome!! Thanks for sending me your books! I have enjoyed them :)

      Delete