Monday, May 4, 2015

Marathon Monday: Capital City Half Marathon 2015


The Capital City Half Marathon was held this past Saturday May 2, 2015.  I couldn't have asked for a better day for my second half marathon.  When I arrived in downtown Columbus a little before 7:00 A.M. it was already 50 degrees and the sun was starting to come up.  The temperature during the race was in the 50's to mid 60's while I was on the course, which is perfect running weather for me.

The Columbus Blue Jackets national anthem singer, Leo Welsh, was at the starting line with the team's mascot, Stinger, to sing the anthem and send off the runners.



There were over 14,000 runners in the half marathon, quarter marathon, and the 5k combined.  Here is a picture from the start of the race that was shared on the Cap City Marathon's FB page.


Since I was coming off a foot injury I wasn't expecting a personal record for this race.  I simply wanted to finish in under 2 hours and 15 minutes while allowing myself to enjoy the race and event festivities. 

Time: 2:12:19
Overall Place: 3640 out of 7698
Female Place: 1602 out of 4468
Females 35 - 39: 264 out of 730

Here is a picture of Preston and I after the race with my finisher's medal.  He spends a lot of time riding his bike or scooter with me during my training runs, so it is only fitting that he gets an honorable mention on race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment