Thursday, June 11, 2015

Review: Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)


***If you haven't finished Spirit Bound (Book 5 in the Series) this review contains spoilers. I will not give any spoilers from this book.***

Last Sacrifice is the sixth and final book in the Vampire Academy series.  The story resumes with Rose locked in prison after being framed for a murder she did not commit.  The majority of the book is spent unraveling the mystery behind who committed the murder and why.  There were several surprise revelations as Lissa, Rose, Adrian, Dimitri, and Christian dig deeper into life at court and within Moroi politics.  I was completely shocked when the murderer was finally revealed.  The motivation behind the crime and why Rose was framed was equally as twisted, but it all made sense in retrospect.

In addition to solving the murder, Rose is determined to help Lissa carry on her family's Royal tradition.  She must find Lissa's only remaining relative in order for the Dragomir family to reclaim their spot on the council.  Sleep becomes an impossibility as spirit walkers constantly plague her dreams to help solve the mystery behind Queen Tatiana's note.

I was happy with how things ended for everyone except Adrian.  He is my favorite character in the series, so it hurt to see that he was the only character that didn't receive a happily ever after.  On a positive note, I have heard that he has an even larger role in the Bloodlines series.  I can't imagine what direction the spin off series will take, but I am excited to find out.  Hopefully things will turn around for him and we will get to check in on some of our other favorite characters along the way.  

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you to read Bloodlines -- trust me, you will love Adrian even more when you read that series! The first few books are just so, so good! Great review Jacque!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I plan on starting the Throne of Glass and Bloodlines series this summer. I've heard great things about both.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete