Monday, October 17, 2016

Marathon Monday: Nationwide Children's Hospital Columbus Half Marathon


Sunday October 16th was the Nationwide Children's Hospital Columbus Half and Full Marathon.  It was 60 degrees while we waited at the start and warmed up to the mid 70's for those full marathon runners that took a little longer to finish. It was probably only in the high 60's by the time I finished a little before 10:00 A.M., so I couldn't have asked for a better day.

Here I am with half of my cheering section prior to the race.


The start of the Columbus race is always exciting with fireworks and music to send off the runners.


I saw my "fan club" a couple of miles into the race and again at the 7 mile point.



They were also at the finish, which was quite impressive compared to the last time I ran this race when I never saw anyone until well after I finished.  

Here are my official results:


And of course you have to get the customary post race celebration picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment